"In a Second"
In a
second, God changed my life through a journey across the world. Africa!, many
will say "uff you went to Safari to see zebras, lions and elephants"
but that was not the idea that God had for this trip, he wanted it to be more
than a trip, he wanted to change everything I was, and for that to be possible I
had to get far away from everything that defined in my life.
After
spending many years away from the will of God, misbehaving myself, a disease
made me understand that life is not worthy when you are away from God.
I want to
tell you that a second is enough for God to change your life. At one point I
was a college student, sports lover, a rebellious daughter, a proud, strong
woman, who sought her happiness in the wrong things; and the next second “Cindy
the girl”. A girl who sought the love of the Father, a girl who wanted to change
everything she knew and a girl who just wanted to take off her masks in search
of true love.
After getting
ride of my pride and arrogance, I told God that He was the only one who could
heal my cancer, and other ills that I had, to which medicine was not the answer
or the solution; God gave me a fully paid ticket to the Federal Republic of
Nigeria, amazing isn’t it? In a second He changed my geographical location, and
it was just the beginning. Wanting to change my life and knowing that I
couldn’t do it, I packed my bags and gave farewells to my family

In Nigeria, everything is completely different, water, air, even the sun, even the roads are not paved and have no illumination. Food is so spicy that even the smell burns. No one took care of me as my mom did, I had to wash my clothes, clean the place where I lived. I lived in a big church, and had left my mom’s “hotel” and had to grow on my own.
This experience was hard as living with people from Nigeria, England, U.S, Ethiopia,
South Africa, Indonesia, and elsewhere. Most Nigerians were strong people, too
serious, very different from us Latinos who love to prank people. The city was often
very hot; it was very hard to live with them and especially when on can’t not
speak English, but when you have a purpose fixed it is easier to do, I don’t
know how? I think it was pure help from the Holy Spirit. I was determined to
win the love of my brothers and show a little the joy I felt to be in the house
of God and on his presence. It was not easy at all many times I screwed up, I
cried because I wanted to go where I could do whatever I wanted. I had many
harsh discussion with other people, and had to get rid of my characteristic
pride to ask for forgiveness. The good thing was that I was not alone, He was
with me, The One who conquered death was my aid, amazing right?
I was aplied because that was God‘s purpose, cleanse my entire being, renounce to my whims to understand that life is a little while and no more and all that matters is to live a good life full of His love and His presence. Each day I learned something new in terms of life, not just English vocabulary or conjugations. Every day I saw cases of rape, souls imprisoned by anger, loneliness and pain, illnesses that could not be helped by science and extreme cases of HIV. And Daily God taught me that in a second he could change all these situations, He taught me that there was no situation that He might not change, liberate or heal, yeah heal! I saw the power of the Holy Spirit healing incredibly and giving life.
Every second God healed, restored and gave value to my life. In one second I move through the culture of that country, by going to clean a bath, through a smile of a Nigerian mom and even through their food. He change me and this was the most beautiful experience of my life, because in a second it reminded me that God loves me and had a thousand blessings for me; Today my life is His, because He captivated my being with genuine love and keeps on doing it every day, without deserving it He loves me, cares for me, guide me, protect me and gives me joy.
And today can i say God change lifes in a second.


No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario